Saturday, 25 July 2026

Dalek Administrative Nightmare by ChatGPT

Title: "Dalek Administrative Nightmare"

Scene: The Galactic Bureaucratic Compliance Office (GBCO)
(A vast, sterile office space filled with rows of desks manned by bureaucratic drones—various species, some humanoid, others resembling sentient office furniture. A large, flickering sign reads: "ALL COMPLAINTS MUST BE FILED IN TRIPLICATE.")

Enter DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000.
(It glides to the front desk, where a BORED CIVIL SERVANT, a gelatinous blob in a cheap suit, barely looks up from its overcomplicated interstellar tax forms.)

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: I REQUIRE A LICENCE FOR INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY EXTERMINATION.

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: (monotonous) Form D-1492/A, "Request for Termination of Planetary Entities," must be submitted alongside Form G-846/C, "Declaration of Intent to Annihilate," and Form Z-001/Y, "Acknowledgment of Sentience and Inevitable Moral Quandaries."

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE MORAL QUANDARIES. I ACKNOWLEDGE ONLY EXTERMINATION.

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: (deadpan) Then you’ll need Form R-723/P, "Waiver of Ethical Considerations in Mass Destruction." However, that form must be notarised by an officially designated Supreme Ethical Overseer.

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: WHERE IS THE NEAREST SUPREME ETHICAL OVERSEER?!

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: (points lazily) Third floor. Department of Arbitrary Morality.

SCENE: THIRD FLOOR – DEPARTMENT OF ARBITRARY MORALITY
(A frazzled, birdlike bureaucrat in oversized glasses greets the Dalek with an impossibly long scroll of regulations.)

BUREAUCRAT: You wish to waive moral considerations for planetary extermination? Certainly! Just sign here, here, here, initial here, and recite the official Oath of Moral Indifference while spinning in a clockwise motion.

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: DALEKS DO NOT SPIN. DALEKS ROTATE WITH PURPOSE.

BUREAUCRAT: (sighs) Then you’ll need Form T-111/X to apply for an exemption from the spinning requirement. That can only be obtained on the 17th floor.

SCENE: 17TH FLOOR – OFFICE OF SPINNING EXEMPTIONS
(A long queue stretches across the room. The line barely moves. An ELDERLY ALIEN at the counter is debating the metaphysical implications of rotational movement.)

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: THIS PROCESS IS INEFFICIENT. INEFFICIENCY WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

(Dalek begins charging its weapon.)

SECURITY ROBOT: Sir, if you fire a weapon in the Bureaucratic Compliance Office, you’ll need to file an "Incident Report for Excessive Laser Use"—Form B-997/Q. That can only be obtained on the 42nd floor.

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: (Twitching) I… WILL… COMPLY…

SCENE: AFTER SEVEN HOURS OF PAPERWORK HELL
(The Dalek, now slightly dented, rolls back to the original BORED CIVIL SERVANT.)

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: I HAVE ACQUIRED ALL NECESSARY FORMS.

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: (flipping through forms) Hm. Yes. You’re only missing Form K-271/B: "Proof of Intent to Not Accidentally Eradicate a Protected Species."

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: WHICH FORM IS THAT?!

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: (shrugs) We stopped printing them two years ago. Budget cuts. Sorry, can’t process your request.

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: (convulsing) EXTERMIN—

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: Oh wait! I found an old copy under my desk. You just need to sign here.

(The Dalek twitches in unholy rage, signs, and finally receives its license.)

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: I AM NOW AUTHORIZED TO EXTERMINATE.

BORED CIVIL SERVANT: Yep. Have a nice day.

(The Dalek rolls toward the exit, then suddenly stops.)

DALEK OBLITERA-TRON 5000: …I HAVE LOST ALL DESIRE TO EXTERMINATE.

FADE TO BLACK.