Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Villains Anonymous – Session #42 by ChatGPT

Villains Anonymous – Session #42: “I Tried to Be Evil, But Now I'm a Philanthropist”


A dimly lit basement. A circle of chairs. The atmosphere is heavy with regret, but not the kind you’d expect from a gathering of villains.

Dr. Malevolence (Host, sipping from a mug that says World’s Okayest Tyrant): "Alright, everyone, let’s begin. Welcome back to Villains Anonymous. Remember, this is a safe space. No judgment… except self-judgment."

A deep sighs ripple through the group.

Dr. Malevolence: "Let’s start with new business. Baron Doomclank, I believe you had an incident?"

Baron Doomclank, a seven-foot cyborg with glowing red eyes and a permanently clenched metal fist, stands.

Baron Doomclank: "I... I built a death ray."

The group nods supportively.

Baron Doomclank: "But…" (voice breaks) "It accidentally reversed climate change."

Gasps. A few members shake their heads in sympathy.

Professor Pandemonium: "Oh, buddy. That’s rough."

Baron Doomclank: "I was trying to evaporate the oceans to cause chaos and despair! But instead, my calculations were off, and the beam ended up stabilising global temperatures. Polar ice caps… are… regenerating." (choking up) "People are calling me a hero."

The Sinister Widow (pats his giant robotic hand): "It’s okay, Doomclank. We’ve all been there."

Dr. Malevolence: "Thank you for sharing. Everyone, what do we say?"

Group: "It's not your fault."

Baron Doomclank: (sniffles) "Thanks, guys."

Dr. Malevolence: "Next up… Count Malice, you had a scheme go wrong?"

Count Malice, a vampire with an impeccable cape and a dramatically tortured expression, stands.

Count Malice: "I attempted to unleash a plague upon humanity."

Group: (nodding) "Mmm-hmm."

Count Malice: "Instead, I accidentally developed free universal healthcare."

Silence.

Dr. Malevolence: "Walk us through that."

Count Malice: "I wanted to create a virus that would slowly weaken the human race, making them dependent on my mercy. But my bioweapon somehow... strengthened immune systems instead." (shaking head) "Now life expectancy is at an all-time high. They’re calling me ‘The Father of Modern Medicine’."

Professor Pandemonium: "Oh, mate. That’s a real kick in the fangs."

Count Malice: "I even got a Nobel Prize! I tried to dramatically decline it, but they just gave me another one for ‘Refusing to Accept the Accolades He So Richly Deserves’!"

The group erupts into comforting murmurs.

Dr. Malevolence: "I know this is painful, Count, but you’re not alone. Look at The Sinister Widow."

The Sinister Widow, a woman in an elaborate black dress and veil, sighs.

The Sinister Widow: "I founded an orphanage just so I could emotionally manipulate the orphans into becoming my future henchmen. I called it ‘The House of Despair’."

Dr. Malevolence: "And what happened?"

The Sinister Widow: "Those little brats became the world’s most powerful scientists, engineers, and philanthropists. They cured cancer. They ended poverty in six countries. And worst of all…" (shudders) "They write me letters. Thank-you letters."

Group: (horrified) "No!"

The Sinister Widow: "Yes. Handwritten, heartfelt thank-you letters. Every birthday. Every holiday. They even call me ‘Mother’!"

Several members comfort her.

Dr. Malevolence: "Okay, let’s try some positive reinforcement. Look at me. I was once the world’s most feared mad scientist."

Professor Pandemonium: "You still are, doctor!"

Dr. Malevolence: "No, Pandemonium. No, I’m not. I set out to create a mind-control device that would enslave the world."

Baron Doomclank: "And what happened?"

Dr. Malevolence: (deep sigh) "I accidentally invented mindfulness meditation instead."

Gasps.

Dr. Malevolence: "Now, people are happier, more self-aware, and free from stress. My TED Talk has 40 million views. People chant my name while doing yoga."

Professor Pandemonium: "Ugh. The betrayal."

Dr. Malevolence: "I KNOW! I was this close to creating an army of mindless slaves! But now… people are just really into gratitude."

A heavy silence falls over the group.

Finally, Professor Pandemonium sighs and stands up.

Professor Pandemonium: "Alright. I guess I should confess too. I tried to make a doomsday machine."

Group: (leaning forward) "And?"

Professor Pandemonium: "It produced unlimited clean energy instead."

Group: "TRAITOR!"

Professor Pandemonium: "I KNOW, OKAY!?"

Baron Doomclank: "We have to do something. We can’t keep failing like this."

A pause. A long, dreadful pause.

Then…

Dr. Malevolence: "What if we just… lean into it?"

The room stares at him.

Dr. Malevolence: "What if we pretend to be good… but in a really evil way?"

Count Malice: (intrigued) "Like… start a mega-corporation?"

Baron Doomclank: "Or manipulate the media into portraying us as heroes?"

The Sinister Widow: "Or legally acquire political power, thereby bending the world to our whims?"

The group looks around at each other.

A slow, sinister grin spreads across their faces.

And so, the world's most devious minds set out on their darkest plan yet:
"Accidental Goodness... On Purpose."